Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Genie. Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before completing the User account registration with Genie. The user agrees that he has read, understood, accepted and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions before using the application.
1. “Genie”: Is the author, owner of the application and its affiliates, Subsidiaries of the author, the owner of the application.
2. “Users”: All individuals and organizations that register to use the application and create an account on the Genie application.
4. “Application”: This is a Genie Application – a QA Platform model, creating an environment for Users to exchange, connect and share.
5. “Services”: This means all the utilities provided by Genie on the application that the User chooses to use.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SECTION 1. GENERAL RULES
1. These terms and conditions constitute a legal agreement between the User and Genie regarding the provision and use of the Genie application. The User must read and understand these Terms and Conditions (referred to as the “Agreement”) and any additional changes (if any).
The User will be deemed to have signed this Agreement and agree to the Terms and Conditions by clicking the “Accept” option on the Genie Application requesting. The User acknowledges that the User has read, understood and agreed to abide by this Agreement.
If the User does not agree with this Agreement and the terms and conditions, please click the “Back” option in the User’s Device. Please note that the User will not be able to access the Service and obtain a license for the Genie Application if the User clicks the “Back” option.
2. The User will be deemed to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions when the User uses part or all of the Services on the Genie Application.
3. When using the application that Genie provides to the User by downloading, installing or using any associated features for the general purpose of using the application, searching for services, posting services and questions, sharing voice recordings from anywhere in the world, … and other services may be added in the future. The User hereby acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and any other modifications or additions to the Terms and Conditions which will be published from time to time on the Application.
4. Genie reserves the right to amend, change and/or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time at Genie’s discretion without prior notice. That change will be effective immediately when posted on the website and in the Genie app. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions, Users will be notified by Genie immediately via e-mail and/or in the app.
The User agrees that it is the User’s responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions regularly, and when continuing to use the Service, after the change becomes effective, even if reviewed by the User. or not, the User will also accept and accept such changes. If the User does not agree to the revised Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Genie Application and do not provide additional accounts, Services and Services, if any.
Genie will notify the User of any changes to the Service Agreement. In such cases, the User will be deemed to have accepted such changes if the User fails to notify Genie before the effective date of the change and continues to use the Service. If the User does not accept the change, the User must notify Genie and the Agreement will terminate at the end of the notice period. The User may also terminate the Agreement immediately at no cost. Termination takes effect at any time prior to the expiration of the notice period.
Genie may make all other modifications to the Agreement by posting the revised Agreement on the Application or by emailing it to the User and indicating when the revised Agreement will become effective. While Genie will endeavor to notify the User in advance where possible, Genie will notify the User that the revised Agreement will be effective immediately if it is lawful; and if the User does not agree to any such modification, the User should close his/her Account and stop using the Genie Service. The User agrees that any notice of modifications in a foregoing manner shall be sufficient notice and that the User’s continued access and/or use of the Service shall constitute the User’s User acknowledges the amendments and this shall be deemed the User’s acceptance of the revised Agreement.
Copies of the most current version of the Agreement will always be available on the Application.
5. By using the Application or any Service, the User consents to Genie’s collection and use of technical information about equipment and related software, hardware and peripherals for the Service. rely on the internet or wireless to improve Genie’s products and provide any Services to Users. If the User uses these Services, the User consents to the transmission, collection, storage, maintenance, processing, storage, sharing and use of Personal Information and/or Data. relevant to the User.
SECTION 2. GENIE APPLICATION AND SERVICE USE
1. To use the service at the Genie App, the User first needs to download the App, create a Genie account (“Account”) linked to the User’s mobile phone number and follow the instructions. Users can only have one Genie account associated with one mobile number. By using the Account, the User agrees and represents that the User will only use the Service for himself. Each User may only register for one Account. The User is solely responsible for all activities that occur under his/her Account.
Genie may, in its sole discretion, refuse to open an Account for the User or suspend or terminate any Account (including but not limited to duplicate accounts) or suspend or terminate a particular transaction in the User’s Account.
Users will be required to provide information to determine eligibility to use the Genie Application, including but not limited to: Full name; Sex; Nationality; Date of birth; Place of birth; Current and permanent address; Phone number; Email address; Number of legal papers of the individual; Portrait photo.
2. The User confirms that all information the User will provide is true and correct, and the User does not retain any information that may affect Genie’s assessment of the User. used to register an Account or provide Services to the User. The user undertakes to immediately notify in writing and provide Genie with information regarding any changes that may cause any information provided to be false, inaccurate or inaccurate. complete, and undertake to provide any additional documents, records, and information as required by Genie and/or applicable law. The user will update its information by notifying Genie of any changes through the User’s account management. Genie reserves the right to request additional information to assist in account verification, as well as to close, suspend or restrict the User’s access to the Genie Application if the information provided is incomplete or incorrect.
Users agree to provide Genie with information Genie requests (which Genie may request from time to time as it deems necessary) for identity verification and the detection of money laundering and terrorist financing. , fraud or any other financial crime, and allow Genie to retain such information. Users may need to complete certain verification procedures before being allowed to start using the Service.
The User authorizes Genie to make requests, whether directly or through third parties, that Genie deems necessary to verify the User’s identity or protect the User and/or Genie against committing fraud or other financial crime and take such action as Genie deems reasonably necessary to inquire. When Genie fulfills these requests, the User acknowledges and agrees that the User’s personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies for fraud or financial crime prevention… and that these agencies can fully respond to Genie’s requests. In addition, Genie may require the User to wait a time before allowing the User to use the Service.
3. By registering an account, the User confirms:
– Users who are fourteen (14) years old or older.
– The User complies with its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
4. Hereby, the User irrevocably authorizes Genie to fulfill all requests received from the User (or intended by the User) through the Application and the User shall be responsible for it. liability for such Requests. Genie may however refuse to fulfill any Request in Genie’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. At Genie’s discretion, Genie reserves the right to refuse any Account-related Request from the User and refuse to comply with or under all or any part of the User’s Request.
6. Genie will have the right to accept the performance of any Request, even if it is incomplete or unclear for any reason.
7. Genie will be deemed to have properly and fully performed all obligations to the User even though the Request may have been initiated, sent or otherwise communicated by mistake or fraud and the Users shall be bound by any Request Genie has made in good faith with instructions submitted by the User.
8. The user agrees to indemnify Genie and its related personnel against all claims, losses, damages, expenses and any expenses whatsoever arising out of, or in any way in any way in connection with Genie’s performance (or failure to perform) in whole or in part of any User Request.
9. The user acknowledges that, to the full extent permitted by law, Genie shall not be liable for any unauthorized transmission, disclosure or any operation or failure of any kind. on the User’s account by knowing and/or using or manipulating the User’s PIN, password, Account ID or any means, whether sometimes due to the User’s negligence or not.
10. In the event of any conflict between any provision of any Request Genie receives from a User and this Agreement, this Agreement shall prevail.
11. Payment and fee payment. The User agrees to be responsible for paying and paying all fees for using the Services at the Application. Genie supports payment and payment of fees for Users through international e-wallets, domestic e-wallets, domestic payment cards, etc. Users will choose the appropriate payment method.
To use the Application, after opening a user account, the User must pay a fee in exchange for coins – a medium of exchange for using the Service. During use, when there are interactions to be given gems, the User can store these gems in his User Account. All transactions of coins or gems are recorded by Genie and show the balance/credit to the User at the Genie Account. Users can be paid back in cash to their checking account if they accumulate a certain amount of gems.
12. A statement and activity report relating to the User’s account will be provided upon Request. Requests will be made through the contact link on the App or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Genie has no control or responsibility for the distribution, quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased by the User or receive or sell or transfer to any third party (including other Users). Genie is not responsible for ensuring that the third party buyer or seller with whom the User transacts will complete the transaction or be authorized to complete the transaction. If the User has a problem with any goods or services purchased or sold to any third party, or if the User has a dispute with the such third party, the User should resolve the dispute directly. with that third party. If the User believes that a third party has been fraudulent, misleading or otherwise acting inappropriately, or if the User is unable to resolve the dispute with the third party satisfactorily, the User may notify Notify Genie at email@example.com so that Genie can consider choosing a treatment method.
14. Digital Asset Ownership
All types of digital assets are held in the User’s Account (“Digital Assets”), which are assets held by Genie on a custodial basis for the User. This means:
– Ownership of Digital Assets remains with the User at all times. As the owner of the Digital Assets in his/her Account, the User shall bear all risks of the loss of such Digital Assets. Genie does not accept any liability for fluctuations in the value of Digital Assets held in the User’s Account.
– None of the Digital Assets in the User’s Account are the property of Genie; Genie makes no representations about assets in a user’s Account or considers assets in a user’s Account to be owned by Genie. Genie may not grant warranties to Digital Assets held in the User’s Account. Except as may be legally required by a court order or judgment, or a valid request from a law enforcement agency, or as otherwise provided herein, Genie will not sell, transfer, loan, mortgage or transfer Digital Assets in the User’s Account unless requested by the User or unless required by a court or law enforcement agency to do so.
– The User controls the types of Digital Assets in his Account.
– Genie is under no obligation to issue any replacement Digital Asset in the event of any type of Digital Asset, password or key being lost, stolen, malfunctioning, destroyed or inaccessible.
15. Suspension, Termination and Cancellation. Genie may: (a) refuse to complete or hold, block, cancel or reverse a transaction that the User has made, (b) suspend, restrict or terminate the right to use any or all the User’s Services, and/or (c) deactivate or cancel the User’s Account, and such actions are effective immediately, for any reason, including but not limited to include the following cases:
– Genie reasonably believes that Genie should do this to protect Genie’s reputation;
– Genie is required to do so by applicable law, regulation or order of any court or other competent authority to which Genie is subject in any jurisdiction;
– Genie suspects, with a reasonable view, that the User has acted in violation of this Agreement;
– Genie suspects the User has violated one of Genie’s policies;
– Genie is concerned that a transaction is in error or is concerned about the security of a User’s Account, or Genie suspects that the Service is being used in a fraudulent or unauthorized manner;
– Genie suspects money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud or any other financial offense;
– the User’s use of the Account is subject to pending litigation, investigation or governmental action and/or Genie finds a high risk of non-compliance with law or regulation in connection with the operation of the User’s Account; and/or
– The User takes any action that may affect Genie’s control, such as opening multiple Accounts or abusing Genie’s promotions or support programs.
If Genie refuses to complete the transaction and/or suspends, restricts or closes the User’s Genie Account and/or terminates the User’s use of the Services, Genie will (unless Genie does so). is illegal) send the User notice of actions and reasons for the denial, suspension or closure of the account and, where appropriate, Genie will also notify the User of the error correction procedure. result in the denial, suspension or closure of the User’s Account. In the event Genie refuses to complete the suspension and/or close the User’s Account, Genie will cancel the suspension or complete such transaction as soon as practicable when the reasons for the refusal and/or suspension no longer exist. again.
Genie may suspend, limit or terminate the User’s right to use any or all of the Services and/or deactivate or cancel the User’s Genie Account without cause. The User acknowledges that Genie’s actions, including restricting access, and suspending or closing a User’s Genie Account, may be based on security criteria necessary for risk management protocols. and Genie’s security. The User agrees that Genie is under no obligation to disclose the details of the security and risk management process to the User.
Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, except as prohibited by applicable law or by any other court or order to which Genie is subject in any jurisdiction, the User is permitted to access your Genie Account:
– Within ninety (90) days thereafter to transfer Digital Assets out of the User’s Account and/or out of the Application; and/or
– At any time within ninety (90) days from the date of termination of this Agreement to move Digital Assets out of the User’s Account and/or out of the Application.
The user is not authorized to use the Service or his/her Account for any other purpose during this time and Genie may, at Genie’s discretion, limit the functionality of the Application or access to the Application. use of the User.
If Genie suspends or closes the User’s Account or terminates the User’s use of the Service for any reason, Genie reserves the right to require the User to complete the identity verification procedures again before when allowing the User to transfer or withdraw Digital Assets.
SECTION 3. USE AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
1. The User agrees and permits Genie to process store, share, use and verify the User’s Personal Information and Related Information (i) for the purposes set forth herein and (ii) to the extent Genie determines it is necessary and/or advisable, in its sole discretion, to comply with applicable law.
Genie uses customer information to:
– Provide services to the User.
– Send advertising and promotional information if the User accepts this term when registering.
– Send notices about information exchange activities between Users.
– Prevent activities that destroy the User’s user account or the activities that impersonate the User.
– Contact and deal with the User in special cases.
– Do not use the User’s personal information other than for confirmation and contact related to the service.
– In case of legal requirements: Genie is responsible for cooperating in providing the User’s personal information upon request from competent state agencies including but not limited to the procuracy, court. , the police investigation agency related to violations of the law. In addition, no one has the right to infringe on customers’ personal information.
2. Genie reserves the right to request the User to provide additional information regarding the User’s account registration at any time. Failure to provide information within the time requested by Genie may result in the User’s refusal to accept registration for an account. Failure to provide proof of User identity may be considered by Genie as a fraudulent attempt to access the Application and/or Services.
3. User can request cancellation of his Genie account by requesting this account from User Care Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After the account is canceled, the User can no longer log in to his/her canceled account in Genie.
– The User’s disclosure to Genie of any personal data relating to individuals other than the User, is by all applicable privacy and data protection laws data, and such data is accurate, current and appropriate when disclosed;
5. Password security. In order to access Genie Services, the User will be required to create or will be provided with detailed security information, including a username and password. The User is responsible for keeping the electronic equipment on which the User accesses the Service secure and for maintaining the confidentiality and full control over any confidential information that the User receives. used to access Gene Services. This includes taking all reasonable steps to prevent loss, theft or misuse of such electronic equipment and ensuring that said equipment is both encrypted and password protected.
Any loss or breach of a User’s electronic device or security details may result in unauthorized third-party access to the User’s Account and the possibility of the User’s Account. Digital assets held in the User’s Account are lost or stolen. Users must keep their confidential information safe at all times. For example, Users should not write them down or let others see them.
Under no circumstances will Genie ever ask a User for an ID, password, or two-factor authentication code, or share a screen, or attempt to access a User’s computer or account. The User should not provide his details to any third party for remote access to the User’s account. Always log into the User’s Account through the Application to review transactions or take action in the event the User feels uncertain about the authenticity of any communication or notice. any.
Genie is not responsible for any loss that the User may suffer as a result of a breach of account login information through no fault of Genie and/or failure to comply with the requirements outlined in this Agreement, or fail to comply with or act upon any notice or warning Genie may send to the User.
6. Authentication and Verification. To access Genie Services, users must provide an email address and create a password. Genie may provide two-factor authentication through the user’s mobile device (Short Message Service (“SMS”) or a time-based Time Password (OTP) application is supported). A verified phone number is required to activate two-factor authentication via SMS. It is the User’s responsibility to keep electronic devices used to access the Service safe and to maintain complete confidentiality and control over all confidential information used to access the Service. This includes taking all reasonable steps to prevent loss, theft or misuse of such electronic devices and ensuring that such electronic devices are password protected. Any loss or compromise of personal electronic devices or confidential information may result in unauthorized third parties’ access to the User’s Account and loss or theft of funds. Digital assets and/or other assets reside in the User’s Account and are misused by the linked accounts.
7. Violation of Security. If the User suspects that his/her Account or any User’s confidential information has been compromised or if the User discovers any fraudulent act or attempt to cheat or any other security incident (including a cybersecurity attack) affecting the User and/or the Genie (all constituting a “Breach of Security”), the User must:
– Notify Genie Support as soon as possible via email at email@example.com;
– Continue to provide accurate and up-to-date information throughout the security breach;
– The User must take steps as Genie makes reasonably required to mitigate, manage or report any Security Breach.
Failure to promptly provide notice of any security breach may be considered when Genie determines the appropriate solution to the problem.
8. Safety and Security for Users’ Computers and Devices. Genie is not responsible for any damage or interruption caused by any computer virus or other malicious code that may affect the User’s computer or other device or any other phishing, spoofing or other attacks. Genie advises Users to regularly use reputable software to prevent and check available viruses. Users should also be aware that SMS and email services are vulnerable to phishing and phishing attacks and should be careful in reviewing messages pretending to be sent by Genie.
SECTION 4. RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
1. The User shall, at its own expense, provide and maintain in order the safe and efficient operation of the User’s equipment necessary for accessing the system and the Services.
2. The User is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the User’s Equipment. Genie will not be responsible for any failure or damage caused by any malfunction of the User’s Equipment nor will Genie be responsible for any computer viruses or problems associated with it. may relate to the use of the System, Services, and Equipment. The User will be responsible for fees charged by any service provider providing the User with access to the System, Services and/or Equipment, Genie will not be liable for any damages. loss or delay caused by any service provider.
3. The User shall abide by all instructions, procedures and terms contained in this Agreement and any documentation provided by Genie in connection with the User’s use of the System and the Services.
4. The User agrees and acknowledges that the User will be solely responsible for the safekeeping and proper use of his/her Device as well as for keeping the User’s login information confidential and secure. . The User must ensure that the User’s Login Information is not known or possessed by any authorized person. Genie shall not be liable for any disclosure of User Credentials to any third party and User agrees to indemnify and hold Genie Indemnified Parties harmless. damages for any loss resulting from any disclosure of the User’s Credentials.
5. The User must take all reasonable precautions to detect any unauthorized use of the System and the Services. Therefore, the User must ensure that all communications from Genie are checked and checked by the User or on behalf of the User as soon as possible after being received by the User in such a way that any unauthorized use and access to the System will be detected. The User will immediately notify Genie in the event of:
– The User has reason to believe that the User’s Login Information is or may be known to any unauthorized person and/or has been compromised; and/or
– The User has reason to believe that unauthorized use of the Service has or may have occurred or may have occurred and that a transaction may have been entered or fraudulently compromised.
6. Users must always adhere to the security procedures recommended by Genie. The User acknowledges that any error on the part of the User in following the recommended security procedures may result in a breach of the security of the User’s account. In particular, the User must ensure that the Service is not used, the Request is not made and/or the related functions are not performed by anyone other than the User.
7. The User shall not operate or use the Service at any time in any manner that may prejudice Genie.
8. User’s compliance with applicable Laws. Users must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, licensing requirements, and third-party rights (including, without limitation, data privacy, anti-money laundering and anti-funding laws). terrorist) when using the Service, Application.
SECTION 5. NOTICES AND USER CARE
If there are any questions or problems, the User can contact/notify Genie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When a User contacts Genie, please provide his or her name, email address and any other information Genie may need to identify the User, the User’s Account, and the transaction that the User requests to respond to. feedback, questions or complaints.
In addition to confirming these Terms and Conditions, the User agrees that, when there are any changes reflected by the User in the Application, Genie will notify/contact the User at and contact details provided by the User upon registration.
Form of Notice: All communications and notices provided must be in writing and sent via email to the User, their designee or their authorized representative.
Complain. If the User has a dispute with Genie, the User agrees to contact Genie’s support team first to resolve the dispute. If the User fails to contact Genie’s support team, Genie reserves the right to request a court/authority to dismiss the User’s action/application unless and until the User completes the following steps:
– In case the complaint has not been resolved through contacting Genie Support, please use the Genie complaint form to determine the cause of the complaint, and how the User wants Genie to resolve the complaint. and any other information that the User deems relevant. The User may find a complaint form on the Application or the User may request it from Genie Support. Genie will confirm receipt of the User’s complaint form after the User submits it. A customer complaints officer (“Employee”) will review the User’s complaint. This officer will review the User’s complaint based on the information the User has provided and any information provided by Genie.
– Within 15 working days of Genie’s receipt of the User’s complaint, this Officer will resolve all issues raised in the User’s complaint by sending an email to the User. application (“Notice of Complaints Resolution”), where this Officer will: (i) offer to resolve the User’s complaint in the manner requested by the User; (ii) make a decision to reject the User’s complaint and state the reasons for the refusal; or (iii) offer to resolve the User’s complaint by an alternative solution. In certain circumstances, if this Employee is unable to respond to a User complaint within 15 business days, the Employee will (unless prohibited by applicable law) send the User a provisional reply. Timely indicate the reason for the delay in replying to the User’s complaint and specify the time limit for replying to the User’s complaint (no later than 35 working days from the date Genie receives the User’s complaint letter).
– Any claim settlement offer made by Genie to the User will become binding on Genie only if the User accepts such an offer. Genie’s offer of settlement shall not constitute Genie’s admission of any wrongdoing or liability in connection with the claim.
– If Genie is unable to resolve a User’s complaint through the complaints process outlined above, the User may report his or her complaint through the dispute procedures outlined below, as appropriate to the User. use. The foregoing shall not be construed to prevent either party from seeking interim relief in a court of competent jurisdiction: For claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the provision of The Service, or the Application, which cannot be resolved through the complaints process outlined above, the User may submit to the competent courts for action against Genie.
SECTION 6. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
1. Genie does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Genie disclaims all representations and warranties concerning the Application including but not limited to warranties of ability and fitness for a particular purpose.
In addition, Genie makes no representation that the information or content accessible through the Application is accurate, complete, and current and that all information, including applicable fees and availability, is subject to change. change without prior notice to the User. The User bears all risks associated with the use of the Application and any information available and/or accessed through the Application and any security features provided to the Application.
2. Disputes between Users and third parties: Genie does not have any related responsibility but only plays the role of supporting Users, providing necessary information for Users and related third parties. to solve together. Users and third parties must directly resolve all issues related to the User and the third-party transactions. In the event of any claim, dispute, refund request, etc. between the User and a third party, Genie reserves the right to hold/freeze the funds in the relevant account until the matter is resolved. settlement or final decision of competent state agencies. If the User has a dispute with one or more User Users, the User agrees that Genie or its service providers and any officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees and agents Genie’s representatives shall not be liable for any claims, claims and damages (actual and consequential, direct or indirect) of any kind arising in connection with the disputes. the User agrees to indemnify Genie and its service providers and each of its respective officers, directors, agents, employees and representatives of Genie or and service providers Genie’s services, any damages, costs (including attorneys’ fees and any penalties, fees or penalties imposed by any governing body) reasonably incurred in connection with any claim, claim demand or damage arising in connection with User’s breach or User’s violation of any law, rule or regulation or the rights of any third party.
Genie’s aggregate liability to the User for any individual claim or mass claim relating to lose, expense, liability or expense which the User may incur incurred as a result of or in connection with any breach of the Agreement by Genie shall be limited to the maximum sum of the entire value of the Digital Assets in the User’s Account at the time of the breach. crime related by Genie.
3. Genie may or may not comply with any request or arising out of failure or failure or unavailability of any hardware, software or equipment, loss or destruction of any data. power failure, storage media failure, natural phenomenon, riot, the act of vandalism, vandalism, terrorism, any other event beyond Genie’s control, link disruption or distortion communicate or arise from reliance on any person or any inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate information or data contained in any Request received by Genie.
4. Any loss or damage that may arise from the User’s use, abuse, misuse or possession of any third-party software, including without limitation, any system operating system, browser software, or any other software package or program.
5. Any unauthorized access to the User’s Account or any breach of security or any destruction or access to the User’s data or any destruction or damage steal or damage any User’s Equipment.
6. Any loss or damage resulting from the User’s failure to comply with this Agreement and/or the provision of incorrect information or the loss or damage resulting from the failure or unavailability of facilities or the inability of the third party or third party system to process the transaction or any loss suffered by the Genie Indemnified Parties as a result of any breach of this Agreement.
7. Limitation of Loss: In addition to the limitation of liability above, in no event shall Genie or its service providers, or any Genie officer, director, agent, employee or representative, or Genie’s service providers, shall not be liable for any of the following loss or damage arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or in any other way:
– Any loss of profit or loss of expected revenue or profit, including any loss of expected trading profit and/or any actual or hypothetical trading loss, whether directly or indirectly, even if Genie had been given prior notice or foreknowledge of the possibility of such loss.
– Any loss or damage to reputation or reputation; any loss of business or loss of opportunities, customers or contracts; any loss or waste of other employees’ general expenses, administrative costs or time; or any other loss of revenue or actual or expected savings, direct or indirect, even if Genie had been given prior notice or foreknowledge of the possibility of such loss; any loss of use of hardware, software or data and/or any data corruption; including but not limited to any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any inaccuracies, errors or omissions of the Digital Assets; any errors or delays in the transmission of such data; and/or any interruption of any such data; and
– Any loss or damage not arising directly from Genie’s breach of this Agreement (whether or not User can prove such loss or damage).
SECTION 7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
If any provision or part of a provision of this Agreement is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect other terms or portions of such provisions of this Agreement, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
The inclusive Terms and Conditions supersede and cancel all prior agreements, promises, warranties, warranties, representations and understandings, whether written or oral in connection with it.
No guarantees are given. The Services, Applications are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, Genie makes no further promises regarding the availability of the Services. In particular, Genie does not make any implied warranties of title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement warranties. Genie makes no promises that access to the Application, to any Service or any material on Genie, will be uninterrupted, uninterrupted, timely or error-free.
Genie will use reasonable efforts to ensure that transactions and related requests are processed promptly, but Genie makes no representations or warranties about the time required for processing to be completed depending on a variety of factors. beyond Genie’s control. Genie will use reasonable efforts to ensure that requests on the platform are processed promptly, but Genie makes no representations or warranties about the length of time it will take to complete processing, as it depends on many factors beyond Genie’s control.
Except for the express statements set out in this Agreement, the User acknowledges and agrees that the User does not rely on any other statement or understanding, whether written or oral, regarding connection with the use and access of the Services and Applications.
No liability for violations. Genie is not responsible for any breach of the Agreement, including delays, non-performance or interruptions of service, as they arise directly or indirectly from extraordinary circumstances and unforeseeable beyond Genie’s control, the consequences of which are inevitable, nor shall Genie be liable if such breach is caused by the application of mandatory legal rules.
Accessibility & Availability. Access to the Service may be reduced or unavailable during periods of high traffic volume or significant fluctuations. This may result in restrictions on access to the User’s Account or the Service.
– Although genie strives to provide the best service, genie does not warrant that the application or services will be available without interruption and genie does not warrant that any user orders will be executed. , accept, acknowledge or remain open, nor does genie warrant that the user’s account will be accessible.
– Please note that Genie’s customer support response times can be slow, even during times of high traffic volume or significant fluctuations, especially on problem inquiries Unreliability and security.
Under no circumstances will Genie be liable for any alleged damages arising from service interruptions, transaction processing delays or lack of timely response from customer support. by Genie.
Application Accuracy. While Genie wishes to provide accurate and timely information on the Application, the Application is not always completely accurate, complete or up to date and may also include technical errors or typographical errors. machine. To provide the User with the most complete and accurate information possible, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the information may be changed or updated from time to time without notice, including includes, but is not limited to, information relating to Genie’s policies, products and services. Accordingly, the User should verify all information before trusting it and all decisions based on the information contained on the Application,
Links to third-party materials may be provided for convenience purposes only but are not controlled by Genie. The User acknowledges and agrees that Genie is not responsible for any aspect of the information, content or services contained in any third-party materials accessible or linked to from the Application.
SECTION 8. DISPUTE SETTLEMENT
1. The parties will use their good faith efforts to resolve any dispute or claim of any nature arising out of or in connection with or in connection with this Agreement. To this end, each disputing party must promptly appoint its representative to resolve any dispute. If an agreement cannot be reached within thirty (30) days of the meeting of representatives of the parties, the following provisions of this provision shall prevail.
2. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to final determination in the sole commercial arbitration center designated by agreement between the parties hereunder or default by the parties. any such agreement within seven days of notice of any dispute by either party with the other. To the extent permitted by law, the arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding on the parties and shall not be subject to appeal.
3. Nothing in this section restricts the freedom of either party to initiate legal proceedings of any kind to seek preliminary or interim measures. time or prudence from any court of competent jurisdiction pending the final decision or award of any arbitrator.
SECTION 9. PAUSE
Genie reserves the right to automatically suspend or block an Account in the event Genie has reason to believe that a User’s Genie account is being used for fraudulent or suspicious activities or by an unauthorized person. The User shall not be liable for such suspension or blocking or for any loss or damage that the User may suffer as a result of such suspension.
SECTION 10. PROHIBITED TYPES OF USE, PROHIBITED LINES
1. Prohibited Uses
The User may not use his or her Genie Account to engage in the following categories of activity (“Prohibited Use”). The specific usage patterns listed below are representative, but not exhaustive. If a User is unsure whether his use of the Service or Genie Platform is related to a Prohibited Use or has questions about how these requirements apply to the User, please email: email@example.com.
By opening an Account, the User represents and warrants that the User will not use the Genie Account, any Genie Services and/or the Genie Platform to do any of the following:
– Illegal Activity: Activity that may violate or facilitate the violation of any law, regulation, ordinance, or regulation or law enforcement program enforced in countries where Genie conducts business in or relates to, the Property obtained from any illegal activity; publish, distribute or disseminate any illegal material or information.
– Abuse: Actions that impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large burden on Genie’s infrastructure or interfere with, intercept, or otherwise hijack any systems, data, or information disadvantageously; transmit or upload any material to the Application that contains a virus, trojan, worm or any other malicious or harmful program; attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, other Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Application, through password mining or any other means; use another party’s Account information to access or use the Application, except where specific merchants and/or applications are specifically authorized by the user to access the Information and Accounts that user’s account; or transfer User’s account access or User’s account rights to a third party, except as subject to action by law or and with express permission from Genie.
– Abuse of other users: Obstructing another person or entity from accessing or using any Genie Services; libel, abuse, blackmail, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as but not limited to, privacy, publicity and intellectual property rights) of others; instigating, threatening, facilitating, promoting, or encouraging hostile, racist, or violent behavior against others; collect information from the Application about others, including but not limited to email addresses, voice, without appropriate consent.
– Fraud: Acting to defraud Genie, Genie users or any other person; provide any false, inaccurate or misleading information to Genie.
– Gambling: Lottery; fee auction; sports forecasts or offers odds; virtual sports prizes with cash prizes; compete for games on the internet; competitions; sweepstakes; games of chance against the law.
– Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights: Engaging in transactions involving items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right by law, including but not limited to the sale, distribution, or access to music, movies, counterfeit software, or other licensed materials, without permission from the owner; use Genie’s intellectual property, name or logo, including the use of Genie’s trademarks or services without express consent from Genie, or otherwise harm Genie or its trademark. Genie brand; any action that implies an untrue claim of or relating to Genie.
2. Prohibited Occupations
In addition to the Prohibited Uses described above, the following categories of businesses, business methods, and items of sale are prohibited from being conducted using the Service or Application (“Prohibited Industry”). The specific uses listed below are representative and not exhaustive. If the User is uncertain whether the use of the Genie Services or Platforms is related to prohibited activity or has questions about the application of the above requirements to the User, please contact Genie at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By opening a Genie Account, User represents and warrants that User will not use the Service or Application in connection with any of the following businesses, activities, practices or items:
– Limited Financial Services: guarantees; debt collection services;
– Infringement of intellectual property or proprietary rights: selling, distributing, or accessing counterfeit music, movies, software, or other licensed materials without the permission of the owner;
– Counterfeit or Unauthorized Goods: the unauthorized sale or resale of brand or designer products or services; selling goods or services that are illegally imported or exported;
– Strictly regulated Products and Services: cannabis clinics and distributors and related businesses; selling cigarettes, e-cigarettes and liquid for e-cigarettes; online pharmacy or prescription services; age-restricted goods or services; weapons and ammunition; gunpowder and other explosives; fireworks and related goods; toxic, flammable and radioactive materials;
– Drugs and Injecting Equipment: selling drugs, controlled substances, and any device designed to produce or use drugs, such as decks, vape tubes and hookahs;
– Counterfeit drugs: pharmaceuticals and other products that make health claims that have not been approved or verified by applicable national and/or local regulatory authorities;
– Substances designed to counterfeit illegal drugs: selling a legal substance that has the same effect as an illegal drug (e.g. salvia, kratom);
– Adult Content and Services: pornography and other obscene materials (including literature, images and other media); sites that provide any sex-related services such as prostitution, pay-per-view, and adult live chat features;
– Multi-level marketing: pyramid system, network marketing;
– Unfair, exploitative or deceptive practices: investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards; selling or resell a service without added benefit to the buyer; reselling government services without authorization or value added; sites that Genie personally perceives and determines to be unfair, deceptive or exploitative;
– High-risk business: any business that Genie believes has high financial risk, liability, or breaches of card networks or banking policies;
– Other acts and activities that violate the provisions of law.
SECTION 11. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Governing Law: This Agreement will be governed by and construed by the relevant laws where Genie operates.
2. Transfer: This Agreement is personal to the User and the User may not assign or assign its rights, licenses, benefits and/or obligations to anyone else. Genie may assign or sublicense Genie’s rights, interests and/or obligations at any time, including as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate reorganization related to Genie, provided that such assignment or assignment does not materially affect the quality of the Genie Services received by the User. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall be binding and enforceable to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns.
3. Validity: If any or more provisions of this Agreement are invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the terms remaining in this Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way.
4. Relationship of the Parties: Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or shall be deemed to be, nor shall the User or Genie be a partnership or joint venture, or the User or Genie an agent of the other party.
5. Privacy of Others: If the User receives information about other users through the Service, the User must keep the information confidential and use that information only in connection with the Service. Users may not disclose or provide user information to third parties or use the information unless reasonably necessary to perform a transaction and other random functions reasonably, such as support, reconciliation and accounting unless the user agrees to allow the User to do so. Users may not send unsolicited communications to other users through the Service.
6. Contact information: The user’s contact information is all information declared and provided by the User to Genie when registering for an account. But this contact information will be used by Genie to:
– Send contact information electronically: User agrees and agrees to receive all communications, agreements, documents, notices and public information in electronic form (collectively, “Communications”) that Genie provides in connection with User’s Genie Account and User’s use of Genie Services. Contact information includes:
· Account details, history, transaction receipts, confirmations and any other account or transaction information.
· Legal, regulatory and tax disclosures or statements that Genie may be required to provide to Users.
· Respond to customer support inquiries or requests submitted in connection with the User’s Genie Account.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, Genie will provide these Notices to Users by posting them on the Application, emailing them to the User at the primary email address listed in the Account. User’s Genie communicates with User via instant chat and/or other electronic communication such as text message or mobile push notification and User agrees that such Notice shall constitute notice thereof.
– Withdrawal of the User’s consent: Users can change their minds, about not receiving Electronic Notices by contacting Genie at email email@example.com. If the User fails to give consent or if the User withdraws its decision to receive notifications in a specified manner, Genie reserves the right to immediately close the User’s Genie Account.
– Update User’s information: It is the responsibility of the user to provide Genie with a complete and authentic email address and contact information for the User and to update such information. The User understands and agrees that if Genie sends the User an Electronic Notice but the User does not receive it because the primary email address the User has provided is incorrect, not updated, or provides blocking services, or for other reasons that prevent the User from receiving Electronic Notices, Genie is deemed to have provided the Communication to the User. Users can update their information by logging into their Genie Account and accessing settings or by contacting the Genie support team at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Receive special notifications from Genie: It is the User’s responsibility to update their contact details (including email address and phone number) in the User’s Genie Account record to receive any notices or alerts that Genie may have. may send to the User (including notice or warning of an actual or suspected Security Breach).
7. Taxes: The User is solely responsible for determining whether the User’s transactions made through Genie are taxable and the amount of tax for such transactions, as well as for the retention, collection, reporting and reporting of taxes. and submit the correct tax number to the appropriate tax authority. The User’s transaction history is available on the User’s Account.
8. Unclaimed property: If Genie holds Digital Assets on behalf of User and Genie is unable to contact User and has no record of User’s use of Genie Services for several years, applicable law may require Genie to report Digital Assets as unclaimed property to authorities in certain jurisdictions. Genie will attempt to locate a User at the address displayed on Genie’s profile, but it cannot be found, Genie may be required to hand over any such Digital Assets to authorities. jurisdiction in some jurisdictions as unclaimed property. Genie reserves the right to deduct account freezing fees or other administrative fees from such Unclaimed Assets where permitted by applicable law.
9. The account holder passed away: For security reasons, if Genie receives legal documents confirming the User’s death or other information that leads Genie to believe that the User has passed away, Genie will freeze the User’s Account and for some time. During this period, no transaction may be completed until (i) the User’s designated operator/trustee has opened a new Account, as further described below and the User’s entire Genie Account has been transferred to that new account, or (ii) Genie has received satisfactory evidence leading Genie to believe that the User has not passed away. If Genie has reason to believe that User may be deceased but Genie has no satisfactory proof of User’s death, User authorizes Genie to make requests, whether directly or through a third party, which Genie deems necessary to determine if the User has passed away. After Genie receives satisfactory proof that the User has passed away, the operator/trustee designated by the User in a valid Will or similar will document will be required to open an Account New Genie. If the User has not appointed a moderator/trustee, Genie has the right to (i) act as the User’s operator/trustee with any person who has the right to inherit the User’s Account. use as determined by Genie through receipt and review of documents it deems necessary or appropriate, including (but not limited to) wills or similar documents, or (ii) requesting a nominating order operator/trustee from a court having jurisdiction over the User’s estate. If Genie determines that there is uncertainty about the validity of the appointment of a moderator/trustee, Genie has the right to request an order to resolve the matter from a court of competent jurisdiction before the appointment of a trustee. take any action in connection with the User’s Account. Subject to the foregoing, the opening of a new Genie Account by a designated operator/trustee is required upon the death of the Genie Account owner and the User agrees that the operator/trustee The User’s trustee will be required to open a new Genie Account and provide the information necessary under this Agreement to gain access to the contents of the User’s Genie Account.
10. Entire Agreement: This Agreement (including documents incorporated by reference herein) constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between User and Genie as to the subject matter of this document and it supersedes all sets of prior discussions, agreements, and understandings of any kind (including but not limited to any prior versions of this Agreement), and of any kind between User and Genie.
11. Interpretation: The section headings of this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not govern the meaning or interpretation of any provision of this Agreement.
12. Exercising Genie Rights: Genie may not always be able to strictly enforce its rights under this Agreement. If at any time Genie chooses not to exercise its rights, this is only a temporary measure and Genie may strictly enforce its rights again at any time.
13. Change control: In the event that Genie is acquired or merged with a third-party legal entity, Genie reserves the right to transfer or transfer the information Genie has collected from the User and Genie’s relationship with the User (including this Agreement) as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
14. The binding validity of the Agreement: All provisions of this Agreement are by nature past the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including, without limitation, portions relating to suspension or termination, cancellation of Accounts, debt owed to Genie, the general use of the Application, disputes with Genie and the general terms shall continue to be binding and effective after termination or expiration of this Agreement.
By confirming in the section below, the User confirms that he has read, fully understood and fully agreed with the contents of these General Terms.